Free digital marketing training opportunity for small business owners
Revive Me Marketing has an exciting opportunity for small business owners and sole traders to improve their digital skills.
Under the new Digital Facilitation Scheme, as a recognised trainer and facilitator in Digital Business and Marketing with MBIE, we can provide small businesses additional support and encouragement to adopt and practically use the Digital Boost Platform.
The scheme is targeted toward small businesses that are in the initial and intermediate stages of their digital learning journey, to harness the use of the Digital Boost platform for online learning and have a desire to improve their digital skills so that they can apply them to their business.
We’re calling for expressions of interest from small business owners around the Taranaki and Taupō region, who are interested in taking part in a facilitated and fully supported digital learning programme with other like-minded small business owners.
For Taupō region, we will be promoting it through Taupō Chamber.
In these sessions, you’ll be guided through the Digital Boost programme with specific group workshops (both online and in-person), supported topics and engaged learning discussion with Q&A and peer mentoring sessions. These are all planned to build your confidence to use a wide range of digital tools and action.
These sessions will start in July & August 2022 and will take place over 9 months.
If you’ve been thinking about improving your website knowledge, social media skills, small business accounting, understanding of e-commerce and more, but don’t know where to start, this opportunity is for you.
Registrations of interest are now open.
Please note: places are limited and therefore individuals will be selected based on their eligibility for the programme (please see criteria below).
This is a chance for you to connect with other people in business, who are at a similar stage of their digital business journey and have your burning questions answered in a supportive and engaging environment.
Apply today, spaces are limited.
Free Digital Boost Skills FAQ
Who is eligible to apply?
To be eligible for free support, you need to:
- Be sole traders/self-employed or have between 1 to 20 employees,
- Not be an existing Digital Boost Educate user, or not a registered user prior to 1 April 2022,
- Be operating in a commercial environment,
- Must be a privately‐owned business, Māori Trust or incorporation under the Te Ture Whenua Māori Act 1993 or similar organisation managing Māori assets under multiple ownership, and
- Want to improve your digital skills and utilise more digital tools for your business.
How do I apply?
Simply complete this form and our team will be in touch to discuss dates and details about the programme and our facilitated events.
- Be willing to improve your digital skills and utilise more digital tools for your business.
- Spend around 24 hours spread over 9-12 months in facilitated group sessions (online and/or in-person) with 14 other businesses.
- Login to the digital boost platform and spend 2 hours a week to view online learning videos and resources for self-paced learning.
- Further group sharing and one-on-one sessions with a facilitator/trainer to help answer your questions with expert help and advice is available through the Digital Boost Platform.
What content will be covered?
There are 9 core topic modules, each with several subtopics: websites, digital marketing, digital tools, small business accounting, business insights, future technologies, digital starter, real world stories and expert advice. Specific advice and ideas for different industry sectors are also available.
What is Digital Boost?
The Digital Boost programme was designed with industry experts and businesses to facilitate the Government’s vision for New Zealand to have the most digitally engaged small business sector in the world.
We want to support more small business owners to digitally transform their operating models, not only through the adoption of digital hardware and software, but through process changes, new skills and capabilities, access to capital and having deeper insight into their business through data.
To support this vision, MBIE launched the small business Digital Boost programme at the end of 2020. It was designed in partnership with industry experts to ensure it meets the needs of Kiwi small business owners.
Digital Boost is delivered over a series of modules which will cover digital marketing, digital tools, small business accounting, business insights, real-world stories of digital success and expert advice.